Breaking News
  • August 299/9/23 - Homecoming Dance!
  • February 12/2/23 Kingsball Rally
  • February 12/1/23 Black History Month!
  • November 29Last day of school before Winter Break: Thursday, Dec. 22
  • November 29Semester one finals Tuesday, Dec. 20 - Thursday, Dec. 22
  • October 2711/04/22 Blood Drive
  • October 1110/07/22 RCHS wins rivalry football game against EHS! 21-6
  • October 1110/12/22 Sophomore PSAT
  • October 1110/21/22 Cougarettes Game!
  • October 11Oct. 19 and 20 Cougarettes cheer clinics
The Student News Site of Rancho Cucamonga High School

The Cat's Eye

The Cat's Eye

The Cat's Eye

Student takes on horror movies: What scary movies RCHS students are watching this October

Students+shared+their+opinions+on+popular+and+classic+horror+films.+
Regan Wright
Students shared their opinions on popular and classic horror films.

Since spooky season is here, and Rancho Cucamonga High School’s students anticipate Halloween’s arrival, some students have started their horror movie marathons to get in the Halloween spirit.

“I like the suspense, like not knowing what’s gonna happen, and those scenes where the music stops and you can tell a jumpscare is coming,” junior Qristeena Eason said. 

She is not alone in this feeling, during this month horror movies are being watched on repeat by horror lovers who seek the same adrenaline rush. A lot of RCHS students agree that horror movies are the best way to go when scrolling through movies to watch. 

“I love horror movies because of the adrenaline rush of the jumpscares,” sophomore Delianna Gonzalez said.

When asked which movies are classics for this spooky season, Gonzalez provided a variety of movies that anyone could enjoy. Some of the titles she suggested include “‘Terrifier,’ ‘The Ring,’ ‘Nightmare on Elm Street,’ ‘Chucky,’ and ‘Halloween.’” 

Eason said her favorite classic scary movies are “Coraline,” “Chucky,” “Halloween” and “Frankenstein.”

Many students have scary movies that are nostalgic to them that they like to rewatch every Halloween season.

“‘Coraline’ is nostalgic to me because I wasn’t allowed to watch any scary movies when I was little,” Eason said. 

Although there are plenty of people that can binge horror movies all day any day, not everyone is as big of a fan. 

“I don’t watch a lot of horror movies because they scare me too much. The only ones I can watch are ‘Scream’ and ‘IT’,” freshman Lizbeth De La Torre said. “‘Scream’ is my favorite because I really like the plot and all of the characters.”

For those who don’t like horror movies or just don’t know what to watch, we asked for recommendations for beginners just getting into the genre. 

“Maybe ‘The Blackphone’ or ‘The Boogeyman’,” Gonzalez said. 

RCHS students all have their own different opinions on which is the worst horror movie, but some of their favorites unite them. 

“The worst would be the new Scream and my favorite has to be the first Conjuring,” Gonzalez said.

“‘The Conjuring’ is the best scary movie I’ve watched,” Eason said.