Breaking News
  • August 299/9/23 - Homecoming Dance!
  • February 12/2/23 Kingsball Rally
  • February 12/1/23 Black History Month!
  • November 29Last day of school before Winter Break: Thursday, Dec. 22
  • November 29Semester one finals Tuesday, Dec. 20 - Thursday, Dec. 22
  • October 2711/04/22 Blood Drive
  • October 1110/07/22 RCHS wins rivalry football game against EHS! 21-6
  • October 1110/12/22 Sophomore PSAT
  • October 1110/21/22 Cougarettes Game!
  • October 11Oct. 19 and 20 Cougarettes cheer clinics
The Student News Site of Rancho Cucamonga High School

The Cat's Eye

The Cat's Eye

The Cat's Eye

The undefeated Cougars destroy Etiwanda in suspenseful pink out game

The RCHS Cougars face off against the Etiwanda Eagles defense at the annual Pink Out game on Friday, Oct. 6.
Carson Barber

The Rancho Cucamonga High School Cougars maintained their undefeated record on Friday, Oct. 6, 2023, in a highly-anticipated rivalry varsity football game against the Etiwanda Eagles.

The Cougars’ defense locked up the Etiwanda Eagles to only seven points for the entire game, and their offense had also been a big factor in their win, rallying up a total of five touchdowns for the team. The Cougars had maintained a forceful lead throughout the entire game.

There were a total of two rushing touchdowns, one receiving touchdown, and one touchdown by a forced fumble by the special teams. 

Senior and starting running back Trey Wilson contributed big to the win over Etiwanda with 219 rushing yards and a total of two rushing touchdowns for the game.

“I feel I played great to the best of my ability,” Wilson said. “It feels great to win this rivalry game to show that we run the city.”

The Etiwanda Eagles and RCHS Cougars have an intense rivalry that continues to grow as the years go on.

The Etiwanda Eagles were unable to stop the run game, which was evident because of Wilson’s two rushing touchdowns. The Cougars’ defense had played a big part in the game, but Defensive Coordinator Mr. Moui Fifita still believed there were apparent weaknesses in the game. 

“Lot of penalties seemed like every other play was a penalty, so we just need to clean up the discipline,” said Fifita. 

Many of the players also agree with their penalties, and how they need to work on them.

“More discipline, and there were still a lot of penalties, so I think we could improve on that,” said senior receiver Jonah Dawson.

For the RCHS student section, there was an immense amount of pride and spirit on display. The majority of the students wore pink to show their support for Breast Cancer awareness. 

From 14-0 going into the half, to 21-0 in the third quarter, all the way to 35-7 at the end of the game, the RCHS rooters and student section stayed electric to give the Cougars even more energy.

The team’s confidence is at an all-time high going into the game against Chino Hills on Friday, Oct. 13, where they seek to keep their undefeated record.