Dance to perform winter show Dec. 15-16

Photo Caption: JV Dance practicing their set for the winter dance show.
Photo Credit: Denise Galvan

Rancho Cucamonga HIgh School’s dance team is having their annual winter dance show on Friday, Dec. 15 and Saturday, 16, 2023. The theme of this year’s dance show will be “Concrete Dreams.” The show will be held inside the RCHS auditorium on both nights at 7 p.m. 

RCHS’s dance show consists of many talented dancers with solos, duos, small groups, and a set from each level. There are five classes for dance: Dance 1, Dance 2, Dance 3, JV Dance, and Varsity Dance. 

Students who are not in the Rancho dance program will also participate in the show. For every Rancho dance show, there is the dance workshops fundraiser. Earlier in December, dance held the workshop, and participating students will have the opportunity to perform at this year’s show. With these workshops, students from any grade can participate and learn a dance, where they will be able to showcase it in the performance.

Students can choose between three different hip-hop styles and contemporary dance to learn. The three styles of hip-hop are groovy, hard-hitting, and sassy. They spend about a week learning the dance from 3:30 – 5 p.m. 

Dance 3, JV Dance, and Varsity Dance have been preparing their dances since the summer and have been practicing them throughout the year since then. 

According to senior Andrea Soto, preparing for the show “has been a little chaotic, but they’ve been working on it for months and are prepared to show off their work.”

All dance teams have been putting in a lot of work to make the show a success. 

“It’s definitely been work. We have a lot of practices and stay late, but once the show comes it will all be worth it,” senior Azalea Gomez said. “All the practices really help us come together as a team.”

Soto said that she is excited for the winter dance show and cannot wait to perform with her teammates. 

Gomez has also said she loves being with her teammates and that “being backstage with her [your] team and getting ready together is something that really bonds them [us].”

Soto said she is looking forward to the show. 

“I’m excited for the feeling of unity when we perform with each other, because it’s truly a family,” Soto said. “Being on stage with them is the best part.”

According to Soto, Rancho dance shows always have really good energy and vibes and everyone in the Rancho dance program is very excited to put on a show. 

Ticket prices for pre-sale are $12 for general and $17 for VIP. Prices at the door will be $15 for general and $20 for VIP. Tickets can be purchased through www.RCHSDance.org and for more information, it can be found on their instagram page, @ranchodancevarsity.