Breaking News
  • August 299/9/23 - Homecoming Dance!
  • February 12/2/23 Kingsball Rally
  • February 12/1/23 Black History Month!
  • November 29Last day of school before Winter Break: Thursday, Dec. 22
  • November 29Semester one finals Tuesday, Dec. 20 - Thursday, Dec. 22
  • October 2711/04/22 Blood Drive
  • October 1110/07/22 RCHS wins rivalry football game against EHS! 21-6
  • October 1110/12/22 Sophomore PSAT
  • October 1110/21/22 Cougarettes Game!
  • October 11Oct. 19 and 20 Cougarettes cheer clinics
The Student News Site of Rancho Cucamonga High School

The Cat's Eye

The Cat's Eye

The Cat's Eye

“Rain World”: A game that replicates an ecosystem

Jael Renfro
A person is on the starting screen of “Rain World” as they begin to play the game.

The pixel survival game “Rain World” is a survival of the fittest video game. You start off as a worm called a slugcat that gets separated from their family and is thrown into a whole jungle where you must hunt down food, hibernate in shelters, and most of all survive. The game itself is very quick with survival methods, choices in scenarios and strategies within each region of the map. It has transitions and animations in the cutscenes with the story and categories in the parallel of your survival and hibernations.

Its gameplay can be brutal every step of the way with predators controlled by the game’s AI. There is no same walk route and behavior pattern as the other AI in the game. Some people say it’s difficult and unfair, but it’s reason for the difficulty is based on a real ecosystem where animals in the wild try to survive every day without getting eaten.

The art style and the music is soft and intense with different scenarios when encountering a predator or simply striding the path. 

It has a variety of predators within species in the land, water, and sky. This game is suggested for individuals who enjoy challenging survival games. “Rain World” is available on Stream, Nintendo Switch, Playstation 4 and 5, Xbox One, and Microsoft Windows.