Breaking News
  • August 299/9/23 - Homecoming Dance!
  • February 12/2/23 Kingsball Rally
  • February 12/1/23 Black History Month!
  • November 29Last day of school before Winter Break: Thursday, Dec. 22
  • November 29Semester one finals Tuesday, Dec. 20 - Thursday, Dec. 22
  • October 2711/04/22 Blood Drive
  • October 1110/07/22 RCHS wins rivalry football game against EHS! 21-6
  • October 1110/12/22 Sophomore PSAT
  • October 1110/21/22 Cougarettes Game!
  • October 11Oct. 19 and 20 Cougarettes cheer clinics
The Student News Site of Rancho Cucamonga High School

The Cat's Eye

The Cat's Eye

The Cat's Eye

Coldplay: a tour of peace, love, and renewable energy

Coldplay+performs+on+Wednesday%2C+Sept.+27+in+San+Diego+at+the+Snapdragon+Stadium.+
Stephanie
Coldplay performs on Wednesday, Sept. 27 in San Diego at the Snapdragon Stadium.

Previous Super Bowl performers and well-known band, Coldplay, have been on their worldwide tour “Music of The Spheres” for quite some time now, and fans are loving every second of it.

Concert goers were showered with confetti at the show. (Stepha)

Coldplay is known for their extremely interactive and lively shows, which many fans were expecting. Safe to say, Coldplay exceeded fans’ expectations with this show. 

This tour was mainly focused on hits from their latest released album “Music of The Spheres;” however, still included fan favorites such as “A Sky Full of Stars” and “Viva la Vida.” 

Members of the band wanted to not only give back to the fans but also allow the fans to give back to themselves and more specifically, our environment. 

For every ticket that was sold, Coldplay planted a tree. The band has also made it a point to use renewable fuel whenever traveling to give back and preserve whenever they can. According to Billboard, Coldplay has already planted five million trees. 

Fans attending the concert received a light-up wristband made from recyclable materials that were collected at the end of the night for future use. Stationary bikes were also available during the show, allowing fans to create their own energy to essentially power the show. This also goes for the kinetic floors installed at every venue. These unique additions not only benefited our environment but also the inclusivity of fans. 

Coldplay lead singer Chris Martin waives the Pride flag on stage at the show. (Stephanie Sandoval)

“I thought it was so cool that they used such unique methods to give back to the community, and it also was cool that the audience felt like they were helping out environmental issues too,” senior and concert attendee Kendall Mendoza said. 

This concert was like no other and the energy was unmatched. Confetti, fireworks, balloons, and lasers brought the crowd together to appreciate the gift of music, love, and happiness: all the things that Coldplay stands for. 

“They exceeded my expectations. Not only was the atmosphere fun, but they were incredible performers as well,” Mendoza said.