Grab-and-Go Lunches Available Monday-Friday

Natalie Nguyen, Staff Reporter

Grab-and-Go meals are available in front of Rancho Cucamonga High School by the auditorium Monday-Friday from 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. RCHS Food Services serves lunches to families and students for an hour and a half each day so it’s very convenient for students and families. 

Each Grab-and-Go meal contains lunch for that day and breakfast for the next day. In order to pick up meals, students need to have their student IDs.

According to Victoria Landin, the RCHS Food Service Assistant, parents and guardians may also pick up food for their children. She said, “Parents are welcome to receive breakfast and lunch for their children. All that is needed is their student school ID.”

A Grab-and-Go meals cost $2.50 for breakfast and $3.50 for lunch. However, lunches are provided at a free or reduced cost to families who qualify. RCHS encourages all students and families to apply for free and reduced lunch waivers. The reduced price is $0.30 for breakfast and $0.40 for lunch. Waivers are available through this link.

The meals vary each day. Examples of the meals provided through the school’s grab-and-go lunch program include chicken burgers, sandwiches, nachos, and more. Each meal is served with milk or juice, and a side of fruits and veggies. Since it has been hot with this heatwave the food service has been giving out iced drinks with your meal.