Breaking News
  • August 299/9/23 - Homecoming Dance!
  • February 12/2/23 Kingsball Rally
  • February 12/1/23 Black History Month!
  • November 29Last day of school before Winter Break: Thursday, Dec. 22
  • November 29Semester one finals Tuesday, Dec. 20 - Thursday, Dec. 22
  • October 2711/04/22 Blood Drive
  • October 1110/07/22 RCHS wins rivalry football game against EHS! 21-6
  • October 1110/12/22 Sophomore PSAT
  • October 1110/21/22 Cougarettes Game!
  • October 11Oct. 19 and 20 Cougarettes cheer clinics
The Student News Site of Rancho Cucamonga High School

The Cat's Eye

The Cat's Eye

The Cat's Eye

Class of 2024 Graduation
Seniors, you are almost there!
Band leadership receives their award for championships.
Should Marching Band be considered for pe credits?
Myla Portillo, Staff Reporter • May 23, 2024

During the summer and fall, all of band, which includes color guard, come together to perform a huge show on the football fields. Everyone puts...

Oh, The Places We’ve Been

Stephanie Sandoval
The senior class of 2024 reflects on their high school years

The days are counting down and our gowns are waiting for their big debut, seniors, I’m afraid it’s graduation time. While most of us seniors can’t wait to leave, it is a bittersweet moment to have to leave the place we have truly grown the most.

For most of us, we have stepped foot onto this campus for the past three years (because our freshman year was mostly remote) with each year bringing us closer and closer to this moment. To look back upon the years is to recognize each and everyone’s individual growth and success.

High school is a place of new beginnings, friendships, relationships, hardships, and new memories. Each shaping us into the person we are today, the person who is going to walk across that stage in less than 10 days. Whether you were here for all four years or even just one, once a cougar always a cougar. Congrats seniors, you did it.

I asked five seniors how they feel they have changed within these past four years
Saniah Hendrix

I think freshman year I was very scared of what everyone was going to think of me and I was scared to fail but I feel like now, I just YOLO it like I don’t really care and I feel like I have opened up a lot more and I am down for new experiences that I was not down for freshman year.

Alonzo Browning

Well for one I used to have a buzzcut [freshman year] but another thing I’d say is that I’m more social. Back when I was a freshman I had almost no friends and I talked to one person but now I can say that I have a ton of friends and I can talk to anyone.

Kaithlyn Aguirre

I think four years ago I was just in a bad state like even the people that I had hung out with and the stuff I did, it’s like super different now. I think that I got closer to God and freshman year me would not hangout with the people that I hangout with now.

Esteban Cerda

I came from Mexico my sophomore year and didn’t know anyone or how the American education system worked, but I was able to make many friends that helped me figure it out.

Martha Jackson

When I first came in as a sophomore, because I came from a private school, I definitely came in wanting to become a nurse. As I got older, I slowly started getting into cars more which led me wanting to become an engineer. I also just learned who I was as a person, like meeting different people and getting into different relationships. I started to know different people and it changed me as a person.