Class of 2024 Graduation
Seniors, you are almost there!
At Rancho Remembers, many US Veterans spoke to hundreds of RCHS students about their time in the service.
Honoring those who served with the 17th annual Rancho Remembers
Luciana Martin and Isabella MoranApril 26, 2024

On Thursday, April 25, the Rancho Cucamonga High School gymnasium transformed into a verbal library filled with stories from military Veterans...

RCHS seniors take on the infamous case of “Senioritis”

Seniors share their thoughts, struggles, and advice about senior year
Students+at+RCHS+battle+senioritis.+
Stephanie Sandoval
Students at RCHS battle senioritis.

Many people are familiar with the infectious phenomenon, “senioritis,” which is best defined as “decreased motivation towards academics felt by students who are near graduation.” I got this definition from Wikipedia, because well, senioritis…

It is around that time when many seniors are tempted to throw in the towel and tune in to the next chapter. With college admissions slowly creeping in and deadlines are soon approaching the overwhelming feeling of adulthood is closer than it appears but good news seniors, there is still some time till graduation and many exciting events to come!  I’m not the only one combating senioritis at the moment, a plethora of other students are also slowly losing their battle with senioritis. Seniors here at Rancho Cucamonga High School shared their experiences as the school year slowly comes to an end and senioritis creeps in.

The class of 2024 shares the reality of high school while giving their two cents to the upcoming classes. 

The Class of 2024 shed light on “Senioritis”

We asked 10 RCHS seniors the following questions

1. How are you feeling about your senior year?
  2. Do you feel you are experiencing seniorits? If so, how?
  3. Any advice for the underclassmen?
Dakota Mendoza

1. I’m kinda sad that my year is almost over. I'm going to miss all my friends but I’m very excited for all the senior activities.

2. I am most definitely experiencing senioritis I just don’t really wanna do any assignments but obviously, I know that I still need to get them done.

3. Make the most of your high school time, it really is going to go by fast.” 

Savahnaa Watkins

1. "I like it so far but I have missed a lot of school.”

2. “I definitely am, every time I have to wake up to come to school I don’t wanna be here and I tell my mom how much I want to stay home."

3. “Stay positive and keep up with your homework so you don’t fall behind."

Mahrya Bailey

1. “My year was going pretty good except for my grades.”

2. “Yes, when I get home I don’t even think about my homework I just lay in my bed and I never want to get up in the morning.”

3. “Don’t procrastinate because that’s what I am doing right now and I have a D and an F.” 

Jonah Dawson

1. “I am feeling good and very excited, this year has been great.”

2. “I am not experiencing senioritis because I am a good student and I take care of business.”

3. “I would suggest having hobbies so you can stay active and you prevent yourself from burning out.” 

Ariah Velasquez

1. “Senior year has been a big eye opener for me, I realized that life is approaching sooner than later. I have realized I will be an adult out of highschool in 3 months”

2. “I have started experiencing senioritis especially turning in applications like FAFSA it's just hard to keep up with homework in general because we are so close to being done.”

3. “I advice the underclassmen to get involved with school because by the end you’ll regret anything you did not experience.” 

Ivan Olguin

1. “It’s fun but very tiring.”

2. “Definitely, I come to school and I am tired and I don’t want to do anything and I procrastinate on all my assignments.”

3. “Don’t procrastinate and please do all your work!!”

Brittney Chime

1. “I am really excited, it has been a really great year I’m excited to graduate and experience new things.”

2. “Absolutely 100%, I just no longer feel the need to do my work anymore like I used to, it feels very optional to me.”

3. “I feel like senioritis is very normal but don’t slack off too much, I still do my work it’s just late sometimes...”

Sarah Tovar

1. “I am super excited for it all to be over and to do all of the senior activities and also getting the rest of my admissions.”

2. “Yes OMG I barely have any motivation I mostly talk to my friends in my classes. I maintain good grades but my attendance is super bad.”

3. “My advice is to make the most out of your high school experience because after this you’re on your own.”

Talani Olotoa

1. “My senior year is going pretty bad.”

2. “Yes, I already gave up. Once we came back from winter break I didn’t do anything.”

3. “Stay on top of your work, turn your work in on time.” 

Jianna Eguilos

1. “It is actually going pretty good but I want to graduate already and leave.”

2. “Yes, I have not been showing up to school lately. I am late every period and I procrastinate.”

3. “Do your work, get your stuff done, show up to school early, don’t miss school because those absences will catch up to you and you won’t be able to do your senior activities.”