Homecoming 2023 makes a splash with students

Azande Aikens
RCHS students dance the night away in the outside quad during this year’s homecoming dance.

In early September, Rancho Cucamonga High School took a dive under the sea to celebrate homecoming 2023. This year’s homecoming dance had a new location by taking place in the gym and in the newer secondary quad nearby the gym. While some students were anxious about the earlier date, many still found a way to have a fun time this early in the school year.

Homecoming’s theme for this year was “Part of Your World,” referencing Disney’s re-make and the original classic animated feature film “The Little Mermaid.” Following the underwater theme, this year’s homecoming dance was adorned with aquatic colors and fun activities such as a rotating photo station and a photo booth with fun props.

“I thought it was very exciting,” Lisa Kang, a sophomore at Rancho Cucamonga High School, said. “It was nice to hang out and see my friends. I don’t have too many classes with them, but it felt really nice to just be there with them and have a good time.”

Homecoming has always been a fun way to kick off the new school year. Many students gather at homecoming to celebrate school spirit and a new school year while indulging in music and fun activities with friends.

“I really enjoyed the music outside as well as the food this year,” sophomore Emma Johnson said.

This year, the homecoming dance offered a free snack and drink table. The table offered many confectioneries such as mini doughnuts, Oreos and many other sweet treats, there was also a separate popcorn and cotton candy machine.

“The decoration was another one of my favorite things about homecoming. They really stepped it up from last year’s decoration” Johnson said.

Each year’s homecoming brings something new and fun to the RCHS campus and creates many long lasting memories and feelings for how the school year will play out.