New Teachers At Rancho

The+new+RCHS+teacher+line+up+for+a+photo+during+the+September+staff+meeting.+
Photo Credit: Christina Schneider
The new RCHS teacher line up for a photo during the September staff meeting.

Rancho Cucamonga High School welcomed six new teachers for the 2023-2024 school year: Ms. Elizabeth Ramos, Ms. Jessica Ellis, Mr. Michael Roman, Mr. Benjamin Sankey, Ms. Holly Hayden, and Ms. Megan Doebler.

Hayden is a prep and AP world history teacher in room K203. She explained that she used to teach elementary school and recently switched. This is her first year of teaching highschool and she enjoys teaching highschool students more.

“Rancho is a very uplifting and enjoyable place to currently work at,” said Hayden.

In room K102, Sankey teaches grade 10 prep world history and grade 11 U.S history. In the past, Sankey taught social studies classes for eight years. He said his experience with Rancho has been positive.

“Staff and students have been very welcoming and the school year is going smoothly,” Sankey said. “I would like to rival Mr. Bishop’s enthusiasm on campus, but I don’t think it is possible; maybe that is the start of my villain origin story.”

Ellis is in room F202 and teaches ERWC and junior English. She worked at Montclair High School for the past eight years before she decided to transfer to Rancho.

“One thing that I like about Rancho is that everyone has been very welcoming and so willing to help,” Ellis said.“Staff and students seem happy to be here which makes me happy to be here.”

Roman is in room H301 and is a returning teacher who teaches senior English and Read 180.

“When I first became a teacher here in 2006, I loved the diversity in the student population, which I still love,” said Roman. “Coming back, I like that we staff, and hopefully most students too, are pushing to return to a ‘Rancho Way’ of supporting and helping each other in small and large ways. Simply put, ‘Kindness Matters’ here.”

Roman said that he never wanted to leave Rancho and is very happy to be back at this amazing school.

It is Ramos’s first year at RCHS, but she has been teaching for nine years. She is in room F102 which is a math one and two classroom. Ramos went to RCHS during her own high school career, and she explained that it’s nice to be back and see some of her old teachers. She used to work in Victorville and then became an assistant principal at Cucamonga Middle School before switching to Rancho.

“My favorite thing about Rancho is its diversity,” said Ramos. “Every class is very diverse and cultured.”

Doebler works in room F103, and she is a math one and two teacher. It’s her 11th year of teaching, but she has taught at two other high schools. One being in Minnesota and the other in Pennsylvania.

“I’m really enjoying Rancho so far! My favorite part has been getting to know the awesome students and teachers here,” Doebler said. “I can tell Rancho is a special place, and I’m so thrilled to be here!”