Breaking News
  • August 299/9/23 - Homecoming Dance!
  • February 12/2/23 Kingsball Rally
  • February 12/1/23 Black History Month!
  • November 29Last day of school before Winter Break: Thursday, Dec. 22
  • November 29Semester one finals Tuesday, Dec. 20 - Thursday, Dec. 22
  • October 2711/04/22 Blood Drive
  • October 1110/07/22 RCHS wins rivalry football game against EHS! 21-6
  • October 1110/12/22 Sophomore PSAT
  • October 1110/21/22 Cougarettes Game!
  • October 11Oct. 19 and 20 Cougarettes cheer clinics
The Student News Site of Rancho Cucamonga High School

The Cat's Eye

The Cat's Eye

The Cat's Eye

The new V building is open for the 23-24 school year

The new V building at Rancho Cucamonga High School is on the East side of campus and houses math and Spanish classes.
Teagan Backer

A new two-story building was recently added to Rancho Cucamonga High School. This building is labeled as the V building, and math and Spanish are taught there.

This building is located by the service road and the locker rooms, and is behind the T building. The construction for this building was finished the week before school and was finalized before the school year started.

“We needed the new building because Rancho is such an amazing school that people want their children to come here, and since the actual footprint of land is small, we have to build two and three-story buildings in order to accommodate all of the students,” Mr. Donald Bonneville, a math and computer science teacher, said.

This is another reason why this addition was important for the high school.

“There are more teachers than classrooms,” Spanish teacher Mr. Adan Jaime said. “This is my 11th year at Rancho, and this is the first proper class I have had.”

Freshman, Joanna Wu has her math 2 class in the new building.

“It’s a lot like the older ones, but a little cleaner,” said Wu.

Some of the classrooms in the new building also have a view.

“Everyone enjoys the view from V202,” Jaime said.

Even though teachers expressed their approval of the new building, there are a few adjustments that teachers say that would benefit people’s experiences.

“Having a proper staff bathroom for males and females would be nice,” Jaime said.

Construction for the V building started before the 2022-2023 school year.