RCHS welcomes new and returning parents to Back-to-School Night

Graphic by: Shareen Siddiqui
To kick off the new school year, RCHS welcomes parents and students to the annual Back-to-School Night.

Every school year, RCHS hosts Back-to-School Night during the beginning of the new school year. Back-to-School Night gives parents the opportunity to visit their child’s school, and to learn more about what their child’s day-to-day life looks like at school. 

This year, Back-to-School Night will take place on Thursday, Aug. 17 at 6 p.m.. When parents arrive, they will be welcomed by special performances by a number of organizations RCHS has.

“They’ll get to know our school culture a little bit,” Ms. Heather Landau said. “It’s always a fun night because we get to showcase how great Rancho is.”

During Back-to-School Night, RCHS’s dance team and choir will be performing. This will let the new parents know the Rancho spirit and have the returning parents be welcomed back. RCHS Principal, Mr. Azande Aikens will also welcome all of the parents before they go to the classes.

Parents are then supposed to follow their child’s schedule and go to each classroom. This gives them the opportunity to meet each of their student’s teachers and understand what kinds of classes their child will be taking this school year.

“I always tell my students that would have to be on the third story ‘your parents are going to have such an appreciation for what you have to do in a day’,” Landau said. “And how you have to get from over there [west side of campus] to over there [east side of campus] in seven minutes.”

Back-to-School night is overall a greeting to new and returning parents. RCHS welcomes everyone to campus.