RCHS BSU to attend Los Angeles Black College Expo

Graphic provided courtesy: National College Resource Foundation

The Los Angeles Black College Expo will be held at the LA Convention Center on Saturday, Jan. 28.

Members of RCHS’s BSU will be attending the Los Angeles Black College Expo at the LA Convention Center on Saturday, Jan. 28.

There will be over fifty different colleges at the expo, and there will also be a step show and a surprise celebrity guest joining them.

“I’m very excited about this trip, especially the step show, because I want to join one when I get to college,” sophomore Grace Stephenson said. “I think everyone will have a fantastic time.”

This trip will provide some students with the opportunity to get accepted into some of their dream colleges and to have more options to choose from when it comes to college and getting scholarships, grants, and many more opportunities.

“This trip is giving students the opportunity for college admissions. Scholarships that include full ride opportunities and a chance to connect with peers in southern California,” Assistant Principal of Achievement Jeremy Hansen said.

Many students from RCHS are excited to go on this trip because it’s going to give them the experience to explore more colleges and enjoy themselves.