RCHS students explore college and career fair

Students visit various booths on Monday, Oct. 17 during the college and career fair.

Photo by: Josie Vazquez

College and career week is upon us and the event provides students the opportunity to explore various colleges and career paths without even leaving the RCHS campus. The fair is an event hosted by Student Achievement, and it took place on Oct. 17 -19, during both lunches in the main quad. 

Student Achievement advisor Ms. Tiffini Ewing said that the fair is “an opportunity to get some exposure and look around to find a career or a college to go to.”

An interesting feature about the fair is trade schools, which is an opportunity some people don’t consider. Trade schools are postsecondary educational institutions designed to train students for a specific job in a skilled trade career. The fair gives a lot of information and support in any interests  including universities, trade schools, careers and colleges. 

Senior Danica Ballejo said, “what I’m looking forward to for the fair is learning about new college paths that I could possibly take.” 

On Monday, La Sierra University’s Criminal Justice Department, Concordia Irvine, The University of California, Irvine, Azusa Pacific University, Chapman University, Keck Graduate Institute, and Cal State Los Angeles visited the RCHS campus to share information with students.

On Tuesday, Loma Linda University, Biola University in La Mirada, and California State University San Marcos were on campus.

On Thursday, Cal State Fullerton, the University of California, San Diego, University of La Verne, and Chaffey College were on campus. 

In addition to the colleges listed above, many other organizations participated in the event including College Smart, the Army, the Marines, Universal Technical institute, and the fire department. 

Senior Alayna Lofton-Lundy said she’s going to find a school that calls to her. 

“get to experience other schools and it will help kids who are nervous about their future,” Lofton-Lundy said.