Regional College Fair offers students an opportunity to explore colleges

RCHS+students+check+out+the+informational+booths+from+the+Marines%2C+Navy%2C+and+UC+San+Diego+during+a+visit+on+Sept.+15.+

Devin O

RCHS students check out the informational booths from the Marines, Navy, and UC San Diego during a visit on Sept. 15.

The Regional College Fair will be held on Thursday, Sept. 22  from 4-7 p.m. at the Ontario Convention Center. This event is free for all families and students to attend. 

The Chaffey Joint Union High School District worked with the Rialto and Fontana school districts to sponsor and host this event. 

“I would like to see possibly CA state Long Beach or Morehouse,” senior Elyse Turner said. “I’m interested in being a choreographer or a dance instructor. I think it’ll be a good-ish experience.”

Junior Sofia Ortega said, “I think I am going to be able to see a bunch of colleges that I’m already interested in and I’m interested in looking for more and learning about different ones so it is very exciting.” 

Ortega also said, “Right now, I am interested in UC Davis and Cal Poly Pomona. I am trying to get my career going, I feel like if I go to college I’ll be able to have a headstart to my career and have the knowledge and everything I need.” 

In addition to the Regional College Fair, RCHS will be offering its students an opportunity to check out some colleges every Thursday in September.

RCHS is hosting visits throughout the month in order to give their students an outcome of understanding what they can do in college or a university. 

For more information about the Regional College Fair, visit the RCHS website.