Breaking News
  • August 299/9/23 - Homecoming Dance!
  • February 12/2/23 Kingsball Rally
  • February 12/1/23 Black History Month!
  • November 29Last day of school before Winter Break: Thursday, Dec. 22
  • November 29Semester one finals Tuesday, Dec. 20 - Thursday, Dec. 22
  • October 2711/04/22 Blood Drive
  • October 1110/07/22 RCHS wins rivalry football game against EHS! 21-6
  • October 1110/12/22 Sophomore PSAT
  • October 1110/21/22 Cougarettes Game!
  • October 11Oct. 19 and 20 Cougarettes cheer clinics
The Student News Site of Rancho Cucamonga High School

The Cat's Eye

The Cat's Eye

The Cat's Eye

Rancho Cucamonga High School goes to the RCMAS

Principal+Azande+Aikens+performs+as+prince+in+the+final+moments+of+the+prom+rally.+
Isabella Moran
Principal Azande Aikens performs as prince in the final moments of the prom rally.

The Rancho Cucamonga High School campus celebrated its prom with a rally on Friday, April 19. The Rally was held in the RCHS gymnasium which had been decorated by the Associated Student Body or ASB.

The decorations included balloons, banners, and painted canvas, which displayed a multitude of different album covers. The covers included Tyler The Creator, Bruno Mars, Taylor Swift, and many, more.

The decorations corresponded with the prom’s theme, which was RCMA’s. The theme was chosen to pay homage to the VMAS.

“I think it’s a very interesting theme because it can bring music into our prom and we can dress as if we are going to an awards show,” junior Noah Schlanger said.

The rally predates the prom being held on the Friday before prom which was Saturday, April 20. The rally began with the RCHS Principal, Mr. Azande Aikens, being brought out in a limousine constructed by students in woodshop.  This was directly followed by the introduction of the prom court and their individual dances.

Each of the princes and princesses entered the floor on a red carpet. The Prom court consisted of six princes and princesses respectively. The court dances were broken up with performances from the RCHS dance and cheer teams. As well as a performance from the adaptive P.E. class.

“It was amazing, I loved the lighting and dances/entertainment for the prom rally,” senior Shelby Jackson said. “I think it was the most memorable because it was the last ever rally for seniors. They went above and beyond.”

The rally’s final display was performed by Principal Aikens. He was dressed as Prince and performed with the dance team. A fog machine and sparklers were used during the final song.