Anticipation for spring break grows at Rancho

Elika Seifi
Spring break will be from the 23rd of March until the 31st of March.

Since the third quarter has ended, the fourth and last quarter brings forth chances for change. With this beginning, students’ anticipation for the long-awaited spring break grows by the minute.

“I am excited for spring break because I get to relax,” senior Malia Logan said.

Rancho Cucamonga High School’s spring break for the 2023-2024 school year will begin after school ends on Friday, March 22, the same day as the Renaissance Rally.

Counting the weekends, there is a total of nine full days that count towards the spring break, which is plenty of time for students to spend time on activities they’re interested in and activities they have been putting off, including but not limited to sleeping.

Freshmen Aniyas Williams and Peyton Wilson are both “very excited,” as Williams puts it, to hang out with each other but Williams is also thrilled about the time she has to sleep.

“My first plan for spring break is to rest,” Logan said. “The older I get, the more I value my sleep.”

Logan also plans on applying for scholarships, showcasing how spring break can be a suitable time to catch up on academic goals for the last quarter of the year.

Hanging out with friends and catching up on some shows are other activities Logan looks forward to spending time on during the break.

“Hopefully I’m outside having fun,” Wilson said. “I hope to go to Universal.”

Wilson is also looking forward to keeping herself busy by going to LA.

Planning activities one is interested in ahead of time, can help one feel more satisfied with how spring break is spent.

“I want to spend my time productively from the start. If I know the “not so fun” things, I can enjoy the fun things for the majority of the break because one week will fly,” Logan said.

With spring comes new beginnings and a period of growth. This period of transition and change is felt more by a certain group of students at Rancho: the senior class of 2024.

“Honestly, as a senior, I am sad about spring break because I know once we come back the school year is going to finish quickly,” Logan said.