RCHS students strive for success in the New Year

Sophie Patron
RCHS students share their goals for the New Year.

Many Rancho Cucamonga High School students have set New Year’s resolutions and goals for themselves to start 2024 off strong. Setting New Year’s resolutions can be very helpful in motivating anyone who wants to make positive changes in their lives. Some RCHS students who participated in this tradition shared their goals for the New Year. 

“I would like to work on my study habits,” sophomore Maxine Reyes said. “I am trying to set goals for myself and push myself to be more productive than I was last year.”

When asked if she thinks it is beneficial to write her goals down instead of keeping track mentally, Reyes said, “I keep track mentally because I find that writing things down doesn’t really help me; I just kind of forget my progress that way.” 

I am trying to set goals for myself and push myself to be more productive than I was last year.”

— Maxine Reyes, sophomore

Having an academic goal for the New Year was a common theme with RCHS students. Many students agree they want to maintain consistent and satisfactory grades. 

“My New Year’s resolution is to get my work turned in on time and not fall behind,” junior Rachil Aldib said. “I’m working towards this by making a certain time of my day to really focus and complete work.”

Many students set academic goals to help them plan the rest of the semester.

“I want to achieve this because I’m aiming to finish the year strong with good grades,” Aldib said. 

Along with academic goals, students also have personal ones that they are determined and enthusiastic to accomplish. 

“I want to get my driver’s license this year because I can’t wait to drive around with my friends,” junior Amy Klink said. “I need to work on my Driver’s Ed first but as soon as I’m done I’ll make sure to follow up and get my license by summer.”