End of the year events are fast approaching: are you ready?

Fozaan Noor
Seniors can expect different events coming up for them. However, unlike previous years, they won’t be expecting a Senior Excursion.

With the end of the school year fast approaching, seniors of Rancho Cucamonga High School are quickly preparing for their ascension into adulthood. Throughout the four years of their high school careers, seniors were continuously told to complete their A-G Requirements.

“Every student needs 230 credits in order to graduate,” said Mr. Jeremey Hansen, Assistant Principal of Achievement. “As I sometimes tell students: You can always go over that number, you just can’t go under it.”

Many of these seniors have already completed or are on the way to completing those requirements this semester. Seniors can view these requirements through the RCHS Website.

With the senior graduation ceremony taking place on May 24, 2024, RCHS seniors currently have about three months to complete these requirements. Although these tasks may seem to put seniors under pressure, along with seniors ensuring their grades are kept up, seniors can be glad to know that they will be provided with end-of-the-year activities for completing them.

These activities haven’t been released yet, but seniors can expect something similar to last year’s activities, such as prom and senior sunset. Activities are planned by the sophomore and junior classes in ASB, which are then approved by the ASB Board.

“We are still trying to come up [with events] with the [ASB] sophomore and junior classes, [since] they come up with the events,” said Mr. Roberto Sanchez, Assistant Principal of Educational Services.

However, seniors won’t be provided with senior excursions starting from this year moving forward.

“We are planning on senior sunset again, but we want to do something else on top of it because there is no senior excursion,” Sanchez said. “We will have prom again on April the 20th.”

Senior excursion was an event in which the school would take seniors on an “excursion,” typically a field trip, to a certain location such as Knott’s Berry Farm. This event was supposed to be an event that replaced Senior Ditch Day, where seniors would “ditch” school for the day, but it really counted as a school activity.

“Originally, when we had senior excursion, that was supposed to replace senior ditch day,” Sanchez said. “The district got rid of it because [seniors] still had senior ditch day and senior excursion.”

Even though they won’t be provided with a senior excursion, seniors can still be excited for the other events like prom or senior sunset to happen within the semester. Simply completing those requirements will allow seniors to end their high school careers with a bang.