RCHS Grad Fair Immerses Seniors in a World of Choices: From Cap and Gowns to Cherished Accessories

Fozaan Noor
Parents and students work with volunteers to order and decide what items they wish to buy.

Rancho Cucamonga High School held a Graduation Fair on Nov. 8, 2023 for seniors and parents to assist them in ordering senior cap and gown for graduation. Volunteers also provided attendees with insight on some of the other accessories available for purchase. 

Seniors were provided with a package explaining the different accessories and cap and gown prices. Cap and gown options were provided in different packages to allow students and parents to purchase.

“We are going to be buying the basic package,” Rancho Cucamonga resident Mrs. Amy Sanders said. “[Nathan Sanders] wanted a sweatshirt.”

Each of the different packages provided different items. These packages all included the cap and gown, and certain packages either only had these items, or included a variety of accessories for purchase.

While many may think that the need for accessories may seem unnecessary, others see it as a way to remember their high school years. High school memories are something that many students deeply treasure, as many of them know that “high school goes fast,” as Mrs. Sanders said.

“I think it’s nice to have something that is from high school, that is from my class year,” senior Nathan Sanders said. “It’s something that I’ll actually wear [even after graduation].”

Accessories in packages include not only sweatshirts, but also provide families the opportunity to purchase shirts, jewelry (such as rings), jackets, etc. Each accessory is available for purchase through either the package seniors received from their English class. They are also available for purchase through Josten’s website.