Student Achievement hosts annual Impact Week

Student Achievement held its annual Impact Week on Dec. 5-9, and during the week, members of Student Achievement handed out impact grams.

The grams were available to RCHS students during both lunches at a table in the quad.

Ms.Tiffini Ewing, the student Achievement Advisor, provided insight into what an impact gram is.

“An Impact Gram is a card that was designed by Student Achievement, on the card students and staff members can write a message to anyone on campus who has made an impact in their life or who they appreciate,” said Ewing.

Ewing also said she believes the impact grams are important for students and how Impact Week has been a long-standing RCHS tradition.

“I think it’s important to have Impact grams because it gives students and staff members a chance to recognize people who have been going above and beyond,” said Ewing. “I don’t have the exact number of years, but I want to say 7 or 8 years. I know it wasn’t here the 2014-15 school year, but when I started working here 6 years ago it was already established.”

Senior Connor Favero, the president of Student Achievement, explained that an impact gram is a note that students and teachers can send to one another.

“An impact gram is essentially like a little note or message that you can write to friends, or staff members where you just want to send them a positive message,” said Favero. “Students should give impact grams because I feel like even though it’s such a small thing, reading it can really make your day.”

Impact grams were distributed to students all week and were a big hit in spreading kind words and messages all over campus, for impact week.