Meet Miss Cataldo, a New Teacher at RCHS

Meet our new teacher on campus

Madison McMurray, Assistant Editor

This 2020-2021 school year, Rancho Cucamonga High School welcomes Miss Andrea Cataldo as a new English and Math teacher. 

Miss Cataldo teaches here at Rancho Cucamonga High School for both English and Maths. She teaches practical math, which focuses on budgeting, taxes, and other stuff to help students get ready for the real world. Miss Cataldo has been teaching at Osos for eighteen years, but they had too many teachers and not enough students, so they asked, “Does any want to go to Rancho?”

Miss Cataldo’s hand shot up, and she said, “Rancho, yes, I do.” She mainly wanted to come to Rancho because of her brother Mr. Cataldo; another reason she wanted to come was to work with all of the great teachers that she had worked within the past. Plus, she thought it would be a great opportunity. 

Miss Cataldo became a teacher because of her family. She comes from a long line of teachers, her brother, her parents, her aunts and uncles, and even some cousins. “We do not know how to do anything but teach public education,” Miss Cataldo jokingly said. 

Miss Cataldo had mentioned how growing up, she watched her parents teach and thought to herself, “I wonder if I could do that.” So, after graduating high school, Miss Cataldo went to Cal State San Bernardino, where she got her teaching credential and all of the other things needed to become a teacher. 

“A good day at school is a day where everyone feels like they got something out of their classes or when something happens, either something is happening out in the quad, or it is a rally you know something like that, that is always good. I think an overall good day for everyone is where you got to see your friends, you got something out of your classes, and you had a good time. You know, since we can not have rallies every day,” said Miss Cataldo. 

For Miss Cataldo, the best thing about being a teacher is seeing so many groups of students come and go throughout the years and know that you made a positive impact on them.  

The wisdom Miss Cataldo would like to share with the students here at Rancho is that everything is temporary. “Every single thing is temporary, this is temporary, distance learning temporary, and that having been said, enjoy every moment,” said Miss Cataldo.