New Principal at Rancho

Rancho Cucamonga High School has named Mr. Azande Aikens as the new principal for the 2023-2024 school year. During the month of April, RCHS staff and students received notification that the current principal, Mr. Joshua Kirk, would be stepping down as principal for the next school year.

Aikens, who has served in the district for 16 years, 10 of which as an administrator, was the former Assistant Principal of Achievement at Los Osos High School. He has also been an administrator at Colony High School and Etiwanda High School. Before becoming an administrator, her worked in the district as a special education teacher.

“What drives me is being able to come here and work with the students,” Aikens said. “Seeing all the great things that [students] are doing and being apart of that.” 

Aikens will be the fourth new principal at RCHS in five years. Former RCHS principals Mr. Cary Willborn, Mr. Eduardo Zaldivar, and current principal Kirk, have had a big impact on RCHS, as their presence shaped the Rancho spirit. Aikens understands that those are big shoes to fill. He plans to fill those shoes by bringing energy to the Rancho school. 

“When I’m in the community and talk to people who graduated from Rancho Cucamonga High School, you can see the glow in their face, and I want you all to have that same experience,” Aikens said. 

Aikens said he is very excited to be a part of the Rancho campus, and he looks forward to being a part of the school. Aikens is very excited for the future of Rancho, and what he can bring to make Rancho a  greater place for students and staff.