RCHS student art displayed at Chaffey Community Museum of Art

Senior+Tiffany+Benitez+stands+next+to+her+painting+at+the+district+side-by-side+exhibit.+

Senior Tiffany Benitez stands next to her painting at the district side-by-side exhibit.

Rancho Cucamonga High School participated in an art display on Saturday, Feb. 25, at the Chaffey Community Museum of Art in Ontario. The reception began on that same Saturday from 2-4 p.m. The doors were opened for teachers, students, and families at around 6 p.m.

“I was very honored to participate in this event, I honestly didn’t even expect to get into the art display,’’ Savo Muhammad, a Junior art student whose art was displayed within the event, said. “It was very inspiring and encouraging to see my progress alongside other’s work.”

The event served as a chance for students to showcase their art and where their work has gotten them. It also allowed students to compare what they’ve done to existing art pieces, as well as other students’ art to see where they’re at.

“Our goal was to inspire students to continue to grow and develop in their art while getting to show what they’ve already done,” Ms. Kathryn Coon, an Art I and Art History teacher whose students participated in the event.

A ceremony was also held, which demonstrated the elected top 10 pieces of art made by students within and outside of RCHS.

The participants consisted of students from the various visual arts programs and classes that RCHS provides. There were also students from other schools within the Chaffey School District, offering many different students the experience of having their art shown off.

This event is expected to recur next year should everything go as planned, and it is to become an annual event for the Chaffey Joint Union High School District.