Journalism teams up with Krispy Kreme to raise money

The Cat's Eye staff

Help support the journalism program by purchasing a dozen donuts via the fundraising link in March!

This month RCHS journalism is hosting a fundraiser for the month of March. Using the GroupRaise platform, RCHS journalism has partnered up with Krispy Kreme Doughnuts to raise money for the journalism program. Journalism comes up with creative ways to raise money for our print newspaper so that when we pass them out RCHS students can enjoy them.

Morgan Renfro, the social media manager of The Cat’s Eye, said the fundraiser is a perfect match.

“Yes, I love journalism and I love donuts,” said Renfro. “It’s a match made in heaven.”

The money raised from this fundraiser will help journalism continue to fund print issues of the school newspaper.

“I feel [the fundraiser] will fund the voice of the future,” Renfro said.

Fundraisers are very important to journalism because the program wants to make the best school newspapers for students so they can be engaged about what going on around school. The ultimate goal for the program is to publish a monthly newspaper that is in color and discusses important issues going on.

You can participate in this fundraiser by purchasing a dozen (or more) doughnuts via this fundraising link. Then, pick up your donuts at the Krispy Kreme location near you. A dozen donuts cost $17, and 55% of your order will go to the Journalism program.