Junior varsity football season comes to an end

Rancho’s JV defensive line gets ready pre-snap ready to snuff the Etiwanda offense.

Nasha Myers

The Rancho Cucamonga High School’s junior varsity football team’s season ended with a record of  2-8. RCHS’s JV team had a demanding schedule with games against schools like Servite, Norco, and JSerra Catholic School. Both Rancho’s varsity and freshman teams share the same program. 

“We got better every week that’s what JV football is about,” Justin Cutbirth said. “We played a tough schedule we weathered a lot of storms this season.” 

JV’s first non-conference game was at Servite High school on Thursday, Aug. 18, 2022. The final score was 0-48, starting off their season at 0-1.

On Aug 25, JV played Apple Valley High on the road, with the final score of 0-36. 

JV’s first non-conference home game was played on Sept 1, against Norco. The final score was 6-34, which resulted in the first Cougar touchdown of the season.

“We did really good,” sophomore Charles Villegas said. “We could have done better but it was fun,” Charles Villegas said. 

On Sept. 8, JV faced Valencia at home with a final score of 14-24, making their record 0-4. 

On Sept. 15, JV played against JSerra High school at home with a score of 8-56 adding another loss to their record.

On Sept. 22, JV won their first non-conference game, defeating Vista Murrieta 26-13 improving their record to 1-4. 

JV played its first conference game on Oct. 6 at home against Etiwanda with a final score of 6-20. Losing this rivalry game made their record 1-5.

“It was a tough loss. Mistakes were made on both sides, including by myself, but we need to keep moving forward,” said Jacob Persi, junior varsity safety. 

On Oct. 12, JV played Chino Hills at home for their second conference game. The final score was 6-14 making their record 1-6 with a conference record of 0-2.

On Oct. 22, JV defeated Damien High school on the road. The game ended with a score of 32-20 making their league record 1-2 and an overall record of 2-7

On Oct. 27, JV played their final game on the road against Upland High. The game ended with a score of 8-40, ending their season with a record of 2-8 and a final league record of 1-3