Seniors commit on Signing Day!

RCHS held a ceremony to honor 8 of its scholar-athletes in a signing with their future schools. The ceremony began at 11:45 A.M. on Wednesday February 2, 2022. 

Eight RCHS seniors participated in signing day!

It is an exciting event for students to sign with a school before graduating. When a student signs with a school, the student is promising to attend that college after high school and to stop all communication with different colleges that may have been enrolling them as well. 

RCHS senior Camille Verlich, girls soccer, signed with Whittier College. “I feel really proud of myself because I have always wanted to play soccer in college and I think it’ll be good for me academically,” said Verlich.

Verlich was nervous during the ceremony at first with so many people but was proud to see her family and friends. 

“I was really nervous at first but I was happy to see my family and friends there too. I just can’t wait for what the next 4 years will bring,” said Verlich.

RCHS senior Xavier Washington, football, signed with Drake College. “I’ve honestly worked for this since I was younger and it was always a dream of mine to be signing. I am just thankful for everyone that was there and helped me with this dream,” said Washington.

RCHS senior Braxton Riley, baseball, signed with Wiley College. Riley feels really accomplished in how far he has come to reach such a great goal. “I feel really happy that my family is proud of me and my 4 years of baseball paid off, now I am excited to go to college and meet some new teammates,” said Riley.

Riley was happy during the ceremony and proud to be standing with other athletes around him. 

“It was exciting to be able to talk in front of everyone and be with other athletes,” said Riley. “I am proud that my hard work has paid off and that I never gave up through the process.”