RC Teen Summit

Natalie Masachi, Editor-in-Chief

The third annual virtual Teen Summit is taking place on Wednesday, March 24, 2021, from 9 am – 3:30 p.m.

The City of Rancho Cucamonga’s Healthy RC initiative invites all teens in high school to a free event called BUILD: Build your best self, your community, and your future, designed to empower high school teens to focus on self-growth and self-development in order to build confidence within themselves. This event will showcase how to build a positive mindset and find hope and resilience in any situation that comes your way. High school teens will have the opportunity to make their voices heard, build connections with their peers, and learn how to make a meaningful difference in their community. The day will include interactive breakout sessions, inspirational speakers, fun activities, and even a chance to win raffle prizes!

What to expect:

Empowerment | Build your Best Self

Find confidence within yourself and have the opportunity to share in an open and welcoming environment.

Connection | Build community

Bond with your peers on teen community issues you are facing together and find coping strategies through engaged and creative learning. Issues such as mental health and overcoming pandemic-related challenges will be explored.

Growth | Build your future

Guide and develop character that will encourage and promote effective communication skills and a strong foundation for a successful future.

Once registered an email will be sent to you with instructions on how to join the Virtual Meeting on Zoom.

The program activities will include:

-Energizing Welcome and Introductions

-Motivational Keynote by Brenda Sarai Zuniga, Mindfulness Coach and National Alliance on Mental Illness Speaker

-Representation Matters Panel – listen to stories of resilience and hope from a diverse panel sharing how to overcome obstacles and grow through adversity and failure

-Wellness Break-out sessions: Mindfulness, Yoga, Dance, and Art

-Our Story Matters Community Leadership Break-out Session – Use your voice to identify issues and brainstorm solutions alongside professionals from healthcare, business, school, and government sectors.

-Each participant will receive a Teen Summit Self-care Goody Bag prior to the event.

RSVP today and BUILD to be the best version of you!  https://bit.ly/rcteensummit

Signing up is easier than ever at www.RCTeenSummit.com by clicking on the link or accessing more information via Instagram @hrcyouthleaders.